How Long Have you Been Pure?

Fausto27W9Fausto27W9 France, Bois-Colombes

Howdy to all naturals! My identify is Maya Congo and I’m from Silver Spring, Maryland. I’m a pre-nursing main at Previous Dominion University which is in Norfolk, Virginia. I'm now a junior and am 20 years outdated. I like educating myself on natural hair in the African American neighborhood and exploring versatile styles with my own hair.

How long have you been natural?
I have been natural all my life because of my mother. She was really a stickler for conserving my hair natural when I was younger because she had a perm as a toddler and it ruined her hair. She was decided to maintain my hair healthy and thick. However in high school I always wore my hair straight to slot in and that i suffered main heat injury. Even worst my senior yr I obtained highlights using bleach and my hair began severely breaking off. I went from bra strap length hair to shoulder length. Simply last 12 months to get my hair back to health I determined to transition from heat injury and promised myself to keep away from the flat iron till my curls had been back to optimum well being.

What motivated you to transition? Had been you a transitioner or an enormous Chopper& why?
What motivated me to transition (from heat damage) was seeing all of the fabulous naturals on Youtube. One, specifically, was HairCrush and seeing her long stunning pure hair reminded me of how my hair seemed as a child and that i needed that hair again. She additionally impressed me to do extra research on methods I may put on my hair pure or with out using heat. I also wanted to show people who African American hair is beautiful whether or not it be curly or kinky! That motivated me to go on my journey of attaining wholesome and long pure hair so I might help to inspire and inspire others.

How would you describe your hair?
My hair may be very thick and very curly. I've a huge mixture of textures all through my hair. Across the edges my hair may be very thick and kinky similar to 4a hair and the remainder of my hair is looser and extra on the curly aspect like 3c hair. Contrary to in style belief, my hair is definitely very manageable and tends to do what I would like more often than not.

What do you love most about your hair?
I really like how thick and large my hair is. I think the larger the higher! I additionally love how versatile my hair is and all of the many alternative styles I can create with it.

What has been essentially the most memorable a part of your journey?Has it been easy or troublesome or both?!
Essentially the most memorable part of my journey is actually getting back to the way my hair was as a toddler. I love how thick my hair is getting and healthy. I even have been enjoying the feedback that I get when i model my hair because I never knew that my hair might be beautiful pure. I at all times thought my hair might solely look good straight. I feel that my journey began off troublesome because just last year when virtually half my head was still heat broken it was hard working with the 2 textures and getting nice curly types. However as my hair started rising out it turned simple and routine to take care of my hair and now it’s mainly just part of my life-style

What are a few of your favorite hairstyles?
My favourite hairstyles for transitioning were using flexi rods which I nonetheless love doing in the present day. Now my go-to kinds are braid-outs as a result of they are simple and last a very good amount of time. I also love large buns as a protective style.

What have your experiences been as a ‘natural?’ Any memorable reactions from family or others?
My experience has been a really great one. I just really feel so enlightened on how stunning African American hair will be. As soon as I decided to stop straightening my hair I used to be apprehensive as a result of I felt individuals would make enjoyable of my hair however I received the overall reverse response. Lots of my pals and family encouraged me to wear my hair natural extra usually and liked what I used to be doing with my hair.

What is your hair regimen (including fav products)?
Each weekend I wash my hair with Shea Moisture Retention Shampoo in sections to stop tangles. Next, I deep condition with Tresemme naturals conditioner and sit below the dryer for about 30 minutes. I then rinse that out and let my hair air dry to about 60% dry in about 8 braids. Subsequent, I put in my go away in conditioner which is Cantu shea butter depart in and seal that with Organix Penetrating Argan Oil and braid my hair up in about 15 smaller braids for my braid out and i roll my ends with perm rods to protect them from hanging free. The next morning I take my hair out and put on a braid out for the remainder of the week. Each different week I do a protein therapy with ORS Hair Mayonnaise and sometimes I deep condition with Shea moisture deep remedy masque just to switch it up. I also principally finger detangle unless I resolve to make use of flexi rods, which then I take advantage of a Denman brush to keep my strands smooth.

What are a few of your favourite pure hair web sites?
My favorite pure hair website is blackgirllonghair.com as a result of they provide lots of information and tips on how to care in your pure hair. My favorite natural hair youtubers are NaturalNeiicey, MiixMii, and MahagonyCurls they do nice tutorials and all have fabulous hair that inspire me to get more artistic with my own hair.

Anything you need the readers to know? Inspirational words?
By no means let anyone inform you your hair shouldn't be adequate! All hair is sweet hair whether or not it be kinky, curly, or a mixture. Nobody texture is best than another and I believe that we must always all learn to just accept the hair that God has given us. He makes no errors and there may be beauty in ever texture of hair on the market. Also there is no such thing as a such hair that "needs" a perm. Perms are a alternative, not a necessity.

My page; crochet weave with human hair