RHOA Star Porsha Williams Confesses: She Has Natural Hair However Nonetheless Relaxes Her Edges

Fausto27W9Fausto27W9 France, Bois-Colombes

If Actual Housewives of Atlanta star Porsha Williams had a signature hairstyle it could be the facet half with luscious, big-body waves.

And while she is primarily known for wearing protective styles within the form of extensions, weaves and wigs, a few weeks ago the reality star shocked us all when she posted a selfie with the caption, "bald is gorgeous..."

The Internet went crazy pondering Williams had ditched her signature style in favor of a low reduce buzz. We now know she was wearing a wig cap.

Bald is beautiful... inspo @sanaalathan ???? by: @kellonderyck #twocanplaythatgame ????

A put up shared by Porsha Dyanne Williams (@porsha4real) on Oct 12, 2017 at 7:45pm PDT

"I actually did not expect anybody to believe that I had really shaved my hair," Williams advised ESSENCE. "My pure hair is pretty quick because I am enjoying Connie in the play, Two Can Play That Sport. [My hairstylist] put a wig cap on me to put a full lace wig on, and earlier than he did I snapped a shot and posted it."

While Williams loves brief hair—she rocked a pixie lower final year—she says a buzz cut most likely won't occur anytime quickly. She does, nevertheless, like to rock her pure hair beneath her pieces. "Final yr I did a big chop to change it up, but during filming, or when I've numerous appearances, I like protect my pure hair," she provides.

While she's at all times had love for her natural locs, it was a traumatic expertise in highschool that lead her to wearing protective kinds as a teenager. "I had actually long hair in high school. I got microbraids that took it out when it tangled, and my mom had to chop all of it off. That's when i had to start sporting protecting styles."

Williams would not perm her hair, however like a growing number of naturalists, she does loosen up her edges.

"I will say when I am doing plenty of bookings I will take a toothbrush on the edges. And the perm that I like to use is Just for Me — it is gentle and it's fast," she revealed.

While it may be shocking to listen to that a self-proclaimed naturalista nonetheless makes use of perm, a growing variety of Black ladies with pure hair are relaxing their edges. A quick search on YouTube, and countless videos abound exhibiting Black ladies both confessing to doing so, or demonstrating the process.

Our various approaches to caring for and sustaining our natural hair are what make us unique. Whereas it may be easy to evaluate or label someone based mostly on their hair alternative, doing so is to negate the freedom of personal alternative, and we'd never need to do this.