Just want to say Hello.

Kevin17639Kevin17639 Poland, Opole

With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement? My blog has a lot of completely unique content I've either written myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my permission. Do you know any solutions to help protect against content from being ripped off? I'd definitely appreciate it.

My page - xue.medellin.Unal.Edu.co

Comments

• metatronmetatron Corning, NY, USA, Planet Earth

I have not run into any issues of plagiarism or copyright violation or such that I am aware of. This is also a fairly new web site at about 5 months old now. If you have a copyright or such, and you see something, usually the first step is to try and contact the individual by email or such and discuss it with them. If they are out to take and such, they will try to avoid you which leads to step 2, step 2 involves looking up the web site provider and contacting them regarding the issue, and most will be very cooperative in actual cases of copyright violation, infringement, or such. And the reason why is step 3 where if you can prove a copyright violation and that the violation in turn 'causes harm' to the one holding the copyright, then a lawsuit will definitely happen. But in terms of plagiarism and copyright violation and such, it can be very tricky to prove sometimes as there are also laws concerning 'public domain' and also some people have even copyrighted their names to try and keep people from using their names without permission. The internet is also not 'country specific' and therefore laws of one country do not necessarily apply to someone of another country. The other part which is easy to demonstrate this way is 'how do you say you like Capcom's Street Fighter without saying Capcom or Street Fighter. Also, what if someone is an actual 'street fighter' so to speak... The names, likenesses and such are all copyrighted, however, people can discuss these issues on public forums and such because although Capcom owns the licensing and such, one can not discuss Ryu without using the name Ryu or Capcom without using the name capcom and such. The other part becomes when things are no longer made available for sale, then what harm is being done to a company if they are not actively selling a product? "To be or not to be" is a quote from Shakespeare's Hamlet. How can you mention the quote without quoting it? And even more important is that Shakespeare has been dead for how long now, and Shakespeare needs to collect money for what? I hope this helps you @Kevin17639 . And thank you for your excellent question. Very much appreciated.

Oops, and some other notes too on this. I remember the Bid for Power team add-on for Quake III and the lawsuit was in favor of the Bid for Power team, but it cost both sides in the lawsuit for legal fees so much that the only real winners in the Bid for Power lawsuit were the lawyers, themselves, for both sides. As far as pictures, you can embed a copyright notice on the pictures themselves. And to add to printed words, you can add text into documents that is the same color as the background color so that if someone copies something, they copy the 'invisible' text as well if you learn how to hide like this the text. Hint, drag the mouse over the blank space between "hide" and "the". Hint 2, done with font color = white html coding like this.