I am the new girl

BiancaTaulBiancaTaul United Kingdom, Chearsley

Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of hard work due to no back up. Do you have any solutions to prevent hackers?

my page: coaxial cable connector how to

Poll not found

Comments

• metatronmetatron Corning, NY, USA, Planet Earth

If they have a plugin designed to 'safeguard against hackers' I would be very suspicious of that program or plugin. Chances are the plugin would be made by a hacker to gain access to your information, not to protect. The best safeguard against hackers is password protection. The more complicated the password, the less likely a hacker will be able to figure the password out. To note, it would take a hacker about 39 hours maximum to figure out an all lower case password. A good password will not spell out anything and will contain uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, special symbols. The other part, DO NOT keep a list of passwords on a computer. ALWAYS physically write down a password in a book or on a piece of paper or such. Hackers can usually see files on computers and will look for a file saying 'passwords' or such.

Also, avoid chat rooms (like AOL chat, Facebook chat, MS Messenger, etc.). Hackers love chat rooms because they can gain access to your personal information easier in a chat room. While you are chatting, a hacker is looking on your hard drive for certain files and such. Firewalls help, but chat programs leave a gap in the firewall that a hacker can exploit.

Thank you for your excellent question @BiancaTaul . Very much appreciated.

Also, this topic here http://www.askmetatron.com/discussion/60593/have-you-ever-had-any-personal-experiences-with-hackers#latest .